Digital & Web Graphic Designer
Are you a Digital & Web Graphic Designer looking for a great place to do your best work?
We’re looking for an experienced digital and web graphic designer to join the creative team at Carswell Gould. The perfect person will be an upbeat, design-led, digital native who wants to be a key member of a multi award-winning team.
We want a creative with ‘clout’ who will bring design and code closer using inspirational, intelligent and empathetic approaches. Your confidence, detail and experience will add value to our team, you’ll be respected and help us deliver more brilliant work. You will work as a member of a four-person creative team consisting of a creative director, graphic designer, back and front end developers.
Our agency delivers an eclectic range of work covering many markets for a global client base. As such, the creative team here has to be agile, flexible and highly creative in its approach. We love the challenge that variety brings and delivering the goods no matter what. So, finding a pro-active, problem solving designer is at the top of our list of wants.
As a team, we want someone who we can collaborate with (no silo working), share ideas, and give a proactive input on our work. We are looking for an open, friendly and positive person who'll share their knowledge with us and be keen to learn from us too. You won’t mind us geeking out about creative, marketing and web and you may well be a bit of a design geek yourself.
The anatomy of the perfect person for the role:
- 5-10 years experience, including working directly with multiple clients in an agency
- Working in a team and managing colleagues to get your projects delivered
- You’ve been the lead designer on a number of stand out projects
Design skills in order of priority:
- Digital and website design - planning, prototyping, wireframing, full site, deep understanding of screen breaks and responsive design through to campaign, social media, advertising, landing pages, ongoing agile design development
- Identity and top-line creative - developing new visual propositions and solutions
- Artworking to guidelines in detail - Working to pixel/rule perfect solutions
- Image and film editing capability - making great moving and static images
- Campaign creative and design for marketing - ability to turn your hand to other elements of creative output when needed
- Ability to use all the usual tools for design and digital to a high level of competency e.g. Creative Cloud, Xd, Id, Ps plus high level of capability with G-Drive and Macs
- Communicating and 'selling' design concepts well to a variety of stakeholders
- Designing, prototyping and testing digital solutions with end-users
- Collaborating with staff or service users to create intuitive user experiences
- Understanding of end-user insights and analytics and creating design flows and wireframes to illustrate design solutions
- An understanding of motion design and graphics is preferable
- Mentoring and shaping the work of other people in the team
What we want to talk to you about if you get through to the interview:
- Your portfolio and how it is relevant to the work we deliver and the job opportunity
- What your views on design are - What is your vision for the future of good design?
- What is your take on why some websites are great and some are not?
- The role of design in increasing engagement through web and digital channels including social media
What we offer:
- Great projects - Lots of good work immediately and into the future
- Full time preferred, but we can be flexible for the right person
- A nice Big Mac or two
- Some nice benefits around health and holiday - up to 25 days (depending on where Christmas falls) + one day added every year
- Competitive pay and additional earning capability with profit share and commission plans
- The opportunity to grow your role within the business
- Training and conference allowance each year
- A solid, well established business for you to do your best work in
- We are inviting application now until 30th October 2020
- First interviews via Zoom with Ed Gould
- Second interviews, where you will meet the team, either at our offices or via Zoom
- We’re aiming for a start date by 1st December 2020, but can move faster if practical
Send us a cover letter explaining why you think you're the best fit for the job, your CV and portfolio now to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please