From a virtual reality based ‘edutainment platform’ for young children to the development of cutting-edge brain cancer therapy technology – Innovate UK KTN Women in Innovation Awards 2022 showcased and celebrated the groundbreaking work of 39 of the most inspiring women in the UK.
Carswell Gould was delighted to help unveil the award-winning game-changers on International Women’s Day 2022 – a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
We project-managed the creative assets requested by Innovate UK KTN to shine a light on the female innovators from regions around Britain who are working to turn their ideas into valuable solutions to global challenges – and to inspire future generations of women to follow their entrepreneurial ambitions.
The award winners’ innovations ranged from a blood test to allow earlier diagnosis of ovarian cancer to wearable tech that acts like your own physiotherapy, and ‘leather’ made from garden waste to sustainable clothing for nursing mothers – just four of the winning business ideas.
The Women in Innovation programme has diversity and inclusion at its heart. It has gone from strength-to-strength since the pandemic, with greater numbers of women innovating in business – there was a record number of applications in 2021.
We worked with the internal team to plan an end-to-end solution that was based on our ‘campaign in a box’ methodology. This quickly defines and produces all the key campaign assets in an efficient and integrated way.
The team delivered the following as part of the Women in Innovation launch campaign :
- Innovate UK KTN Women in Innovation Awards programme digital brochure packed with:
- 39 biographies and photo portraits of the award winners
- Forewords from Innovate UK KTN Team
- A linked content page in the form of a map for each regional subsection
- A sector-based directory at the back of the brochure
- Point of sale and promotional items including printed A4 strut cards with a QR code leading to the brochure pdf for placement at Innovate UK’s office
- Social media ammo and content marketing asset including:
- Individual Twitter cards with quote for each award winner
- LinkedIn branding for each award winner to use on their own channels
- Social branding and promotion about each of the 39 winners to go across multiple channels
- Personalised certificates for each awardee
- Twitter cards for each region.
Testimonial from Innovate UK KTN:
“We have enjoyed working with Ed, Emily and Donna on our Women In Innovation launch campaign. The entire team at Carswell Gould filled us with confidence and the project ran smoothly from start to finish.
Thank you for being so supportive, kind, understanding, and always ready to accommodate our needs. Ed and his team are professional, conscientious and always deliver when they say they will.
We are all delighted with the team’s performance and the quality of the end product. We would highly refer them to any company looking to deliver an engaging and creative campaign.”
Marketing manager Emily Lam